How does it work?
Alerts are delivered though a Desktop Alerting client. This client software is automatically installed on selected computers. Any upgrade of the client is done automatically. The recipient is not required to install or upgrade the client software.
When the Desktop Alerting App receives an alert, the message will appear over whatever is currently on the computer screen.
The alert can be delivered silently or with an accompanying alert sound. If required, the message can also be read aloud through the device’s speakers.
To respond is simple, just the click of a mouse.
The recipient may also be given the opportunity to view historical messages.
To ensure that the alert is noticed, audio beeps can be played (adjustable duration and volume) and the message can also be read through the computer’s speakers. The alert can also be delivered silently, if required.
Desktop Alert FAQ
- In buildings that suffer from poor mobile reception.
- Contact centres – where the use of mobile devices is prohibited.
- Meeting spaces – activate in meeting rooms, lecture halls, class rooms on interactive whiteboards
- Emergency communications – terrorist incident, transport / weather related issues
- Systems outages – notify specific teams / personnel in times of outages
- Warnings – security breaches, scam emails / sms